|Java||Iraq, Money, Religion, Ethics…||Gay||Roedy’s Health|
Inconsistency In Depicting Crimes
Did you ever notice how oddly inconsistent North Americans are about depicting crimes?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Murder is considered appropriate fare for novels, movies and stories aimed at extremely small children.
- TV News tries to capture footage of murders if it can.
- If there is a movie about a burglary, the burglars are usually the protagonists.
- Dead US soldiers or their coffins are never shown.
- US soldiers slaughtering people of other countries for no reason is popular entertainment.
- It is highly illegal to film someone actually being killed for entertainment.
- Sexual activity that is completely legal is not shown on TV but it may be simulated. The actual sex is available at extra cost on cable.
- It is illegal for pedophiles to look at photos of children in the Sears catalog, but not for anyone else.
- People who look at free photos of naked children on the Internet are punished almost as severely as those who rape them.
- Possession of male-male pornography is sufficient grounds for firing for certain jobs.
- It is completely legal to keep a fantasy journal about any crime except child molesting.
- Rape and sadistic murder are the themes of the most commonly aired shown on TV — Criminal Minds, CSI (Crime Scene Investigator) Miami, NCIS, Bones.
- Marijuana is a schedule 1 drug and cocaine a less serious schedule 2. Taking either drug is considered acceptable viewing in movies for children.
|Java Glossary and Computer Buyers’ glossary|
The following essays and entries recently changed:2016-06-25
|Ethics, Environment, Animal Rights, Human Rights, Politics, Money, Religion, Living Love, Esperanto and Deep Thoughts Essays|
The following essays and entries recently changed:2016-05-18
|Gay & Black Glossary|
I recently changed the following essays and entries:2016-06-14
I am doing reasonably well with HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency Virus). My new drugs are now holding down the HIV. Nausea and diarrhea are tolerable. I am not sleeping all the time. Last revised/verified: 2014-08-25
|Public Domain||Public Domain Status||In the event of my death, the entire mindprod.com website will revert to the public domain, including downloadable programs and source. You will be welcome to repost and modify any or all of the material on the website. Knowledge keeps no better than fish. I don’t let people repost my material with a few exceptions (e.g. print or foreign languages). The problem is I am constantly changing everything and there is still no technology to keep all the other copies up to date.|
|Inter-Corporate||The Canadian Mind Products website is now hosted by Inter-Corporate.com. One nice service they offer is buying domain names for you charging only flat per year (i.e. zero markup on the Verisign Network Solutions/InterNIC fee) for .com, .org,.net, .edu and per year for .ca. Email Randolf Richardson for more information. Also see domains essay for more information.|
The big problem with cars is they take huge amounts of expensive real estate for roads and parking. There is no more urban land, so the only way to escape gridlock is to use computer-controlled cars that can be safely packed bumper to bumper, door to door, at high speeds. Cars can drive themselves to high-density parking when they are not needed, or cars can be shared in various types of pool so they don’t need to be parked, just used by someone else. The problem is by the time the political problems are solved to allow such a system, the price of fuel and greenhouse gas emissions will force us to abandon cars and trucks of any description. The car wastes huge amounts of energy with its rubber tires and dragging about a massive power train/batteries relative to the payload. In contrast, the electric train does not have to generate energy on-board because it can tap into the electric grid.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[188.8.131.52]
You are visitor number|