There are a surprising number of Americans considering voting for Trump for a number of trivial and bigoted reasons. If they succeed in putting him into office there will be serious consequences. Here are a few of them:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:69)
- Trump announced he is going to unilaterally pull out of all trade agreements and bully other countries into accepting terms much more favourable to the USA. Other countries are not going to like this one bit. At least for several years, there will be no trade agreements. Such agreements can often take a decade or more to negotiate. (Canada just completed one with Europe that took 7 years.) That will put the US economy into a tailspin. There is no guarantee anyone will negotiate with the USA after Trump proved that the USA no longer keeps its word. Why bother with an agreement if the US will just tear it up when they feel like it?
- Trump is a climate change denier. He said he is going to renege on the Paris agreement. Other countries will not like this. China, in particular, said there be serious consequences. By delaying action on climate change, Trump will take the world past the tipping point. Nobody will be able to pull us back from destruction. You, or at least your kids, will die as an effect of your stupid choice assuming that the wrong email server is the most important election consideration. You idiot!
- The only place that people like Trump is in the USA. In the rest of the world, they look on him as a new Hitler or Mussolini. This will discourage tourism. Many talented people will leave the country, just as they left Nazi Germany. They could see the writing on the wall.
- Trump says he is going to renege on the NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) agreement. This will open the door for Putin, Trump’s bromance and supplier of dirt on Hillary, to throw his weight around in Europe.
- Trump gang-raped Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin. What would you think of a country that knowingly elected such a leader? The chant We’re #1 (in rape) will become an international joke. What Trump did is thousands of times worse than getting a blow job in the oval office. What kind of sicko looks the other way, without even a cursory investigation, before taking the rapist’s word.
- Trump has no respect for the constitution. Nearly all of his major promises are unconstitutional. We can expect nearly everything else he attempts will also spit on the constitution.
- Trump is the ultimate fat cat. His promised tax policy is to take money from the middle class and poor and give it to the rich and corporations. He warned you he subscribes to trickle down economics.
- Trump said he is going to slash all government services including schools, roads, sewers, bridges, air traffic control, search and rescue, police, fire, forest service, courts, medical care, environmental protection, food safety inspections… He wants to spend hugely more on nukes and military hardware so he can more effectively intimidate the other nations of earth. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Nukes are absolute power, and Trump has proven he always abuses any even minor power he attains.
- Trump has not the first idea about finances. He lost a almost a billion dollars in one year. His businesses went bankrupt four times. He has refused to reveal any records so we can evaluate just how good a businessman he is. He hired an army of lawyers and accounts to run his companies. He does not know the first thing about what they do. However, he imagines he is the world’s expert in absolutely everything. Think what a mess he will make of things.
- A corporation is a dictatorship. The CEO (Chief Executive Officer) announces what he wants, and everyone jumps or gets fired. A government is a system of checks and balances. The president has to get things done with persuasion. Trump can work when he is the dictator.
|Baby Naming||choosing a name for baby 2017-04-25|
|Funerals||Funerals and corpse disposal. 2017-04-18|
|Evolution Glossary||Glossary of Terms used in Discussing Evolution and Creationism. 2017-01-02|
|Jehovah is Fictitious||Why I am very sure Jehovah is fictitious. 2017-04-30|
|Books about Religion||Books about religion, atheism and evolution. 2017-04-02|
|Why I Am Not A Christian||Bertrand Russell’s classic 1927 essay on why he is not a Christian. 2017-02-03|
|Evidence||Evidence for God. A short sci-fi story. 2017-01-02|
|Deprogramming||Ethical ways to free Christians of their delusions. 2017-04-11|
|Intelligent Design||Evolutionary theory does include Intelligent Design, just not the way Creationists imagine. 2017-04-25|
|Did a God Write the Bible?||Why it is highly unlikely a god wrote the bible. 2017-02-19|
|Separation of Church and State||The necessity of preserving the separation of church and state. 2017-03-23|
|Combating Kristianity||Why I believe it is necessary to combat Kristianity, non-violently of course, by exposing its lies, wishful thinking and tall tales to the light of truth. 2017-04-28|
|Noah||Why it is unlikely that God wrote the entire Bible. A list of Biblical oopsies (inconsistencies). Why the story of Noah is a tall tale in the same league with the tales of Paul Bunyan. 2017-04-28|
|A Bible Study Guide||The parts of the Bible the churches don’t want you to notice. 2017-04-19|
|King James Bible||The complete text of the King James Bible in HTML format. 2017-01-02|
|Is There A God?||Exploring the big questions. Is there a God and if so what is He like? 2017-04-27|
|The Real God||The nature of the real God. 2017-03-27|
|Godless Quotations||Short Tweetable quotations about religion and atheism. 2017-01-02|
|Quotations about Religion||Quotations about religion, especially Christianity, from both atheists and believers. 2017-04-30|
|Quotations about evolution||Quotations about evolution vs. creationism 2017-04-30|
|Quotations from Christians||Quotations from obnoxious Christians, usually in favour of bigotry or ignorance. 2017-04-30|
|Unjustified Certainty||The problem of unjustified certainty, especially religious fanaticism. 2017-04-22|
|Church Tax Subsidies||Why I think we should phase out church property tax subsidies. 2017-01-02|
|Was Jesus Gay?||Was Jesus a homosexual? Decide for yourself on the validity of the biblical evidence. 2017-04-25|
|Tennessee Law Book||If the Religious Right gained power, how the laws of Tennessee would be worded. 2017-01-02|
|The New Ten Commandments||The existing set of commandments focus on trivia and miss the major sins. I have reformulated them to bring them up to date. 2017-02-17|
|life after death||various beliefs about what happens after you die. 2017-01-02|
|CCism||A new religion based on Cosmic Consciousness. 2017-04-25|
|fatalism||religious and secular fatalistic philosophies. 2017-04-20|
|Rational Morality||An alternative to morality based on religious myth. 2017-04-20|
|Are We Alone?||Are we alone in the universe? Is there life in other parts of the universe? 2017-01-02|
|Christian Apology||The apology I would like to hear the pope to read on behalf of all Christians for the harm they have done to our planet with their nutty beliefs. 2017-01-02|
|Living Love||My cult, founded by Ken Keyes Jr. It teaches techniques to reduce mental suffering. 2017-04-30|
|Gay Civil Rights||The battle between equal civil rights for gays and right wing Christianity. 2017-01-02|
|Feedback||Read feedback from readers of the religion section. If you don’t want your message and my reply publicly posted, please let me know. 2017-01-31|
|Christmas Carols||Lyrics to 69 Christmas carols. 2017-01-02|
Ignoring Science is Slavery
The world today is made, it is powered by science; and for any man to abdicate an interest in science is to walk with open eyes towards slavery.~ Jacob Bronowski (born:1908-01-18 died:1974-08-22 at age:66) Science and Human Values
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[188.8.131.52]
You are visitor number|