Definition of Idealist
An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup.~ Henry Louis Mencken (born:1880-09-12 died:1956-01-29 at age:75)
|Funerals||Funerals and corpse disposal. 2016-07-19|
|Evolution Glossary||Glossary of Terms used in Discussing Evolution and Creationism. 2016-07-11|
|Jehovah is Fictitious||Why I am very sure Jehovah is fictitious. 2016-07-28|
|Books about Religion||Books about religion, atheism and evolution. 2016-07-19|
|Why I Am Not A Christian||Bertrand Russell’s classic 1927 essay on why he is not a Christian. 2016-07-11|
|Evidence||Evidence for God. A short sci-fi story. 2016-07-11|
|Deprogramming||Ethical ways to free Christians of their delusions. 2016-07-11|
|Intelligent Design||Evolutionary theory does include Intelligent Design, just not the way Creationists imagine. 2016-07-27|
|Did a God Write the Bible?||Why it is highly unlikely a god wrote the bible. 2016-07-11|
|Separation of Church and State||The necessity of preserving the separation of church and state. 2016-07-11|
|Combating Kristianity||Why I believe it is necessary to combat Kristianity, non-violently of course, by exposing its lies, wishful thinking and tall tales to the light of truth. 2016-07-27|
|Noah||Why it is unlikely that God wrote the entire Bible. A list of Biblical oopsies (inconsistencies). Why the story of Noah is a tall tale in the same league with the tales of Paul Bunyan. 2016-07-27|
|A Bible Study Guide||The parts of the Bible the churches don’t want you to notice. 2016-07-27|
|King James Bible||The complete text of the King James Bible in HTML format. 2016-07-11|
|Is There A God?||Exploring the big questions. Is there a God and if so what is He like? 2016-07-28|
|The Real God||The nature of the real God. 2016-07-11|
|Godless Quotations||Short Tweetable quotations about religion and atheism. 2016-07-11|
|Quotations about Religion||Quotations about religion, especially Christianity, from both atheists and believers. 2016-07-28|
|Quotations about evolution||Quotations about evolution vs. creationism 2016-07-27|
|Quotations from Christians||Quotations from obnoxious Christians, usually in favour of bigotry or ignorance. 2016-07-27|
|Unjustified Certainty||The problem of unjustified certainty, especially religious fanaticism. 2016-07-27|
|Church Tax Subsidies||Why I think we should phase out church property tax subsidies. 2016-07-11|
|Was Jesus Gay?||Was Jesus a homosexual? Decide for yourself on the validity of the biblical evidence. 2016-07-27|
|Tennessee Law Book||If the Religious Right gained power, how the laws of Tennessee would be worded. 2016-07-11|
|The New Ten Commandments||The existing set of commandments focus on trivia and miss the major sins. I have reformulated them to bring them up to date. 2016-07-11|
|life after death||various beliefs about what happens after you die. 2016-07-11|
|CCism||A new religion based on Cosmic Consciousness. 2016-07-27|
|fatalism||religious and secular fatalistic philosophies. 2016-07-27|
|Rational Morality||An alternative to morality based on religious myth. 2016-07-27|
|Are We Alone?||Are we alone in the universe? Is there life in other parts of the universe? 2016-07-13|
|Christian Apology||The apology I would like to hear the pope to read on behalf of all Christians for the harm they have done to our planet with their nutty beliefs. 2016-07-11|
|Living Love||My cult, founded by Ken Keyes Jr. It teaches techniques to reduce mental suffering. 2016-07-28|
|Gay Civil Rights||The battle between equal civil rights for gays and right wing Christianity. 2016-07-11|
|Feedback||Read feedback from readers of the religion section. If you don’t want your message and my reply publicly posted, please let me know. 2016-07-11|
|Christmas Carols||Lyrics to 69 Christmas carols. 2016-07-11|
Perfect God Creates Sloppy Creations
Creationists claim all creatures were designed by a perfect supernatural being. Yet if you have a look at the designs, they are incompetent, unless you see them as constrained by stepwise evolutionary refinement of earlier designs. Examples include:
- Human childbirth is painful and dangerous for both mother and child forcing an oversize head through and undersize pelvis.
- The human back design was borrowed from a quadruped and hacked for a bipedal use resulting in all manner of back problems.
- The nerve from the brain to the larynx goes via the heart, a pointless 9¾ metres (10.67 yards) detour in the giraffe. Originally, in the fish, it was a direct route.
- Koalas have backward facing pouches tending the dump the young. Kangaroos have proper ones.
- Bats have heavy solid bones and emus have light hollow bones, yet bats fly and emus do not.
- People’s teeth wear out before the rest of their bodies do.
- The nerves attach to the front of the eyeball instead of the back as in some other creatures, giving us a blind spot and cloudier vision.
- Food and air go down the same pipe, creating a constant risk of choking.
- Evolution explains vestigial organs, but why would an intelligent designer put tiny, useless leg bones inside whales, dolphins and snakes? Why put wings on flightless birds? Why put gills on a human fetus? Why dew claws on dogs? Why eyes on blind cave fish?
- The female urethra is too short, leaving females prone to urinary tract infections.
Even a human designer would not have made such gross blunders and if by some chance they did, they would have corrected the errors. What we see is exactly what you would expect from mindless natural selection operating over millions of years never able to make a completely fresh start.
What we are seeing would be similar to a human jet airline designer putting the wing on upside down because that is the way they were done in biplanes. That might be design, but certainly not intelligent design.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[220.127.116.11]
You are visitor number|