screen cleaning : Computer Hardware Buyers’ Glossary
©1997-2017 2009-07-09 Roedy Green of Canadian Mind Products
You have to periodically clean CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) or LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
screens to get rid of
fingerprints and dust. The Mac glossy screens are both the most delicate and the ones
that get dirtiest fastest. Here is a safe way to clean them.
- Turn off the computer.
- Use a microfibre cloth or chamois, not a scratchy paper towel.
- Get the bulk of the dust off with a clean microfibre cloth.
- Mist a microfibre cloth with a sprayer of plain water. Don’t spray the
- Wipe away the dirt, dust and fingerprints with small circular motions.
- Finish by wiping with a dry microfibre cloth.
- If that does not work, use a screen cleaner product, one designed for screens
or eyeglasses, ShaggyMac Opti-Mist Prime. Ordinary glass cleaners may be
too harsh for some LCD screens. They should be fine for the older glass