Aptana Studio HTML editor : Java Glossary
Studio HTML editor
Aptana Studio is a free, open-source HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
- It is free and open source.
CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), JSON (Java Script Object Notation),
and XML (extensible Markup Language).
- It has a button you can click to wrap a selection with a span etc. tag, which
you can later add a class to.
- You can select colour numbers by pointing to the colours on a palette.
- It is quite slow both to fireup and to run. The display always lags a bit
behind your typing. I find this greatly slows down my typing speed.
- It is just a text editor with syntax highlighting. It has no visual editing
features, not even a preview. It does not even display the classes in your style
- It has no features for applying styles or entering entities.
- It does not highlight entities.
- The install refused to cancel without using the Task Manager.
- It does not install itself into Program Files like a
normal app. It goes into C:\user\userAppData\local.