task scheduler : Java Glossary
- task scheduler
The Windows Task Scheduler lets you schedule a program to be run, perhaps repeatedly
at some time in the future. In Unix/Liunux systems the function is called
The advantages of using the Windows task scheduler over writing your own in
- It takes no extra RAM (Random Access Memory) when idling waiting for
- It is smart enough to wake the computer out of sleep at the trigger time.
- It lets you schedule work only when the computer is idle.
- Look under Start ⇒ All Programs ⇒ Accessories
⇒ System Tools ⇒ Task Scheduler not in the Control Panel where you
might expect to find the task scheduler.
- Don’t confuse the task scheduler with the
task manager, that you access with Ctrl-Alt-Del.
- If you want to fire off a bat file, specify the command interpreter explicitly
and fully qualified:
e.g. program: F:\Program
or program: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
parameter: /E:2500 /C E:\env\send.bat
- Start simply, without fancy features like restart, idle wait etc. Then later
add them one at a time.
- If you change the set environment, reboot to make the changes visible to