Why I Don’t Like George W. Bush
- You are here :
- Why I Don’t Like George W. Bush
©2000-2017 Roedy Green of Canadian Mind Products
Around the world people are dying, ecosystems are crumbling and economies face ruin
because of climate change and all Bush and the oil industry can think of is how to
maximise their profits and continue business as usual.
~ Paul Horsman , Greenpeace spokesperson
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral
philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
~ John Kenneth Galbraith
(1908-10-15 2006-04-29 age:97)
The following is my list of reasons for disliking George W. Bush and
his administration. I think it is important for people to mobilise now to ensure he is
Why Get Rid of Bush
- Like Clinton, Bush lied. However, he lied about something far more important than
who performed fellatio on him. He lied about what sorts policies he would implement. He
advertised himself as a middle-of-the-road compassionate conservative. In reality, his
administration has been the most right wing since James Monroe’s.
- He masterminded a huge tax cut that benefitted only the wealthy. There are pots of
money for those who already have plenty and no money for education or health or for the
- He is successfully selling this phony Star Wars program. The project has already
spent 68 billion of dollars without success. Even if it does eventually succeed, it
will cost trillions of dollars more and any self respecting terrorist will simply go
around it. It is much easier to bomb Oklahoma-style than it is to send in a missile. In
the Reagan era, Scientific American pointed out the folly of Star Wars technology
because of the way it is so much cheaper to modify the offense than to develop a new
defense to counter. Star Wars is pure Harp-style (See the movie Remo Williams The Adventure
Begins) boondoggle to fatten the military contractors. Ironically, Star Wars
will increase the odds of accidental nuclear war. The most optimistic estimate is that
a shield might block 90% of the missiles. To counter that,
China has already said it will simply build ten times as many missiles. However, to pay
for them, they will have to skimp on safety. Those extra missiles dramatically increase
the risk of accidental launch. Star Wars won’t help the military security of the
USA one iota. It will weaken security because it will suck money away from projects
that would truly help. Boeing, TRW and Lockheed could still get the money, but produce
something useful, with better civilian spinoffs.
- He has money for his cronies, but no money to help municipalities upgrade their
water supplies to lower arsenic levels.
- He cut funding for AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome) research and
treatment. He ignored Bill Gate’s pleas to get on with fighting the global
epidemic. The longer he procrastinates, the harder the problem become to solve.
Microbes and viruses do not respect national boundaries.
- Vice President Cheney announced the US has no intention of doing
anything to reduce energy consumption. Even the mildest
conservation/efficiency measures would be equivalent to an entire new oil field in the
arctic national parks. The only motive I can think of for such a strange policy is to
maximise the short term profits of oil companies.
- He is behind so called free
- Bush is playing ostrich on CO₂.
He backed out of the Kyoto agreement. He does not care if he destroys the planet with global warming
so long the oil company profit are up this year. He is not even looking after the oil
companies’ long term interests.
- Bush is the worst thing to happen to the English language since pro wrestling. Even
professional announcers now talk about prinssibles.
- I feel very uneasy that Americans have elected a dry alcoholic and supspected ex
cocaine addict to the presidency. What might have happened if
JFK (John Fitzgerald Kennedy) had been a dry
alcoholic during the Cuban missile crisis? That is a very stressful
job. Russia disgraced and destroyed herself with an alcoholic leader.
- Bush is such a wimp he can’t even persuade his two teenage daughters from
repeatedly publicly disgracing him. What does that tell Saddam Hussein?
- Bush/Ashcroft are shredding the constitution with secret trials, relaxed rules of
evidence and confinement without criminally charging.
- As a teen, Bush tortured frogs by inserting explosives into them and shooting them
with 22s. Dick Cheney as an adult in 2003-12 shot 70 tame
pheasants for his amusement. Of course, both are responsible for thousands of maimings
and deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan of women, children and American GIs. They tell us
they lied about why they started the Iraq war, but so far have not even bothered to
come up with a replacement excuse.