douching : Gay & Black Glossary
©1997-2017 Roedy Green of Canadian Mind Products
Cleaning out the rectum with water preparatory to anal sex. The disadvantages of
The advantages of douching include:
- It removes mucous from the anal lining. This makes it more susceptible to
infection, especially HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency Virus).
- Too much flow, too much heat or too frequent douching can irritate the
- It is of no use in safe sex. Douching after sex usually just pushes semen or
blood further in.
- The bacteria in the rectum usually cause no problem for the inserting partner,
especially if they use a condom.
- Unless you allow a couple of hours prior to sex for any water to drain, you can
end up with an embarrassing flow of possibly dirty water.
- If you are overly vigourous, you will flush bacteria from the large intestine
where they cause no trouble back into the small intesting, where they do.
- It eliminates embarrassing odour or mess.
- Some people will be quite offended if you do not.