You Can’t Prove a Negative
Christians like to taunt, you can’t prove a negative, therefore god exists. As a child I collected evidence that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy did not exist. It may not have been a mathematical proof, but it was sufficient to convince my friends. I was trained as a mathematician. We mathematicians prove negatives all the time.
Here is my proof Yahweh and Jesus do not exist. In the bible, the dynamic duo promise over and over to grant every single prayer, no exceptions.
These promises cannot even in theory be true.
Try praying. You will discover it does absolutely nothing to increase your odds of pleasant events happening. It is not just you. Read up on prayer studies. Nobody can get prayer to work. See if you can find anyone who had a prayer answered that would not have happened anyway. If they have one ask if they ever had a prayer ignored. If the two supernatural beings existed, they would be busy answering prayers. They are not answering any prayers, therefore they do not exist.u
How do Christians deal with this?
- They lie that god grants every single prayer. Perhaps they never pray for anything more improbable than a parking spot.
- They claim everyone knows prayer does not work. God was only kidding. It is just part of the sales pitch. He was not serious.
- They claim God used to grant prayers back in biblical times, but he doesn’t anymore.
- They claim the bible is in error. There are unstated conditions.
- You have to be sinless to have your prayers granted.
- God only rarely grants requests.
- God only grants prayers that were part of his divine plan (i.e. would have happened anyway).
- God does not grant prayers, just considers them.
I think they have quite a bit of nerve rewriting the bible, especially when Yahweh made his meaning so clear with repetition.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)