VirtualViewer : Java Glossary
née FlexSnap, Snowbound Software’s image and document viewing and
annotating package for Java. It lets you view and annotate documents in 40 different formats single a single viewer. Annotation makes no change
to the original document.
To view a single page, the server only has to send that one page of a document.
They have an extended Flash demo that explains it quite well.
It comes in three versions:
- Where there is considerable smarts in the server.
- Where the brains are in an Applet.
- Where the server translates everything to HTML5 (Hypertext Markup Language v 5) for the browsers so they need not run any Applets or plug-ins.
There is a companion product called RasterMaster for manipulating images in many different
- speed. You use a single viewer for all the different formats.
- speed: only the part of a document you are actually looking at needs to be
- You don’t leave files lying around on the client machine as a side effect
of viewing as you do with traditional viewers.
- By keeping annotations separate from the original document, you avoid risk of
corrupting the original.
- It has an Ajax