Fraternal Order Of Giant Sloths
Let’s say you belonged to the Fraternal Order of Giant Sloths (I hope a fictitious organisation.) It later came to your attention that the main activity of the entire executive, at all levels, was running a global child molestation ring. Why might you resign?
- You don’t want to support molestation.
- You don’t want people thinking you are a child molester.
Why might you continue to belong?
- You are hoping the executive will let you join in.
- They have some way of hurting you if you quit.
- Nearly all your friends are Giant Sloths. You are not about to give up your social life. It is not as though they are involved in any way in the molesting, at least as far as you know. They might keep quiet about it, but that is not the same thing as participating or pimping their children. Further, what the executive does is none of your business.
- Can you think of anything else?
I would expect the Fraternal Order of Giant Sloths to suffer a mass exodus. Then why doesn’t the Catholic Church?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)