The Choice Process
Book referral for Gathering Power Through Insight and Love
Ken does his deepest discussion of The Choice Process in
Gathering Power Through Insight and Love.
|recommend book⇒Gathering Power Through Insight and Love
|Ken Keyes Jr. with Penny Keyes
|1921-01-19 1995-12-20 age:74
|Informally known as The Methods Book gets down to the brass tacks. All the various exercises you can use to help get rid of addictions. It contains some template pages you could use to create a Getting Free Book diary.
|Greyed out stores probably do not have the item in stock. Try looking for it with a bookfinder.
Usually you do this process in your head, but you can use paper or do it with a
For example, let’s say you are worried you might not have enough money to pay
next month’s rent.
- pinpoint your addiction in the
canonical form: I create the experience of ______ (emotion(s) ) because my programming addictively demands
that ______ (what you want).
- My positive intention behind this addiction is to see myself as _____, or to hear
inside that _________ or to feel ______. (See the list of positive intentions.)
- Three new ways to achieve that same positive intention are _____ _____ _____.
Note how the three new ways of achieving your positive intention need have nothing
whatever to do with the original situation. These are not three ways to solve the
problem. They are three ways to get your emotional needs met, whether or not you have
enough money for the rent.
- I create the experience of worry because my programming
addictively demands that I have enough money for next month’s
- My positive intention behind this addiction is to feel
- Three new ways to achieve that same positive intention are:
- I can check out how much money I actually do have and budget accordingly.
- I can remind myself, that even if I don’t have money for rent, there are
agencies who will see to it I don’t freeze to death.
- I can make a cup of cocoa and snuggle up with my heating pad.
The choice process is not a substitute for solving your life problem. It is something
extra you do to soothe your emotions while you are solving it.