uninstall : Java Glossary
In my experience uninstalls almost never work correctly. Often a program will not
re-install properly until it has been 100% uninstalled.
Here are some tips on uninstalling:
- Delete the corresponding directory in the Program
- If you can’t get rid of DLL (Dynamic Link Library)
s, use unlocker.
- Delete the corresponding directory in
- Run a registry cleaner to
prune orphaned entries that point to files and directories that no longer exist.
- Use regedit to remove sections of the registry for
- If you are reinstalling Windows, be very careful navigating Windows.old\. Some of the links will take you into the new C:\Windows or C:\users. Be careful you
don’t delete the new files.
- To get rid of orphaned program entries in the control panel, use Ace utilities uninstall.