pixel ruler : Java Glossary
- pixel ruler
Tools that can help you tune layouts in Java
- graph paper in a variety of grid sizes. Each square is one pixel.
- FastStone includes an on-screen
virtual pixel ruler.
- Unfortunately, Mioplanet, the maker of an excellent virtual ruler are defunct.
However, I have posted a copy of it you can still
When installing it, specify the fully qualified name of the exe.
- Becoming familiar with what 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100, 250,
500, 1000 pixel look like.
- A printout of the following grid on clear plastic that you can overlay over
other screen printouts. See Canvas for the
source code to create the grid. You can modify it to suit yourself. There are green
lines every every 5 pixels, red lines every
10 pixels and blue lines every 100 pixels. The entire grid is 1000 ×
1000. It would not make sense to draw lines at every pixel. All you would
see is solid colour.