mojibake : Java Glossary


A Japanese word for a particular kind of gibberish that happens when text is rendered with a different encoding from the one used to create it. In English this usually scrambles the punctuation and accented letters, leaving the unaccented letters and digits correct. Other languages are usually more thoroughly scrambled.

This page is posted
on the web at:

Optional Replicator mirror
on local hard disk J:

Canadian Mind Products
Please the feedback from other visitors, or your own feedback about the site.
Contact Roedy. Please feel free to link to this page without explicit permission.

Your face IP:[]
You are visitor number