Atheists are More Moral
It’s a belief in God, it’s a belief that there are eternal consequences for your actions. And I think that a leader that doesn’t have that — a set of core beliefs that help him to make justice an important part of his life and his decisions because he knows that there are eternal consequences — well, that it’s somebody that it’s hard to trust.~ Father Jonathan Morris (1972-08-22 age:45) (Catholic priest)
Father Morris has this completely backwards. Catholics are the ones you cannot trust because their religious believes lead them into immoral behaviour, not atheists. Look at the statistics. If you compare the most religious states in the USA with the least, or with atheistic countries like Sweden you will find:
- Atheists are less likely to murder.
- Atheists are less likely to commit robbery.
- Atheists are less likely to have an abortion.
- Atheists are less likely to divorce.
- Atheists are less likely to have teen pregnancies.
- Atheists are less likely to beat their wives or children.
- Atheists are more likely to be better educated.
- Atheists are more likely to be financially secure.
- Atheists are less likely to rape children.
- Catholics believe a magic ceremony called confession erases all the consequences of sin, in particular child rape.
- Christians believe you cannot kill someone. All you can so is send them to heaven or hell a little prematurely.
- Christians officially believe in stone age morality, such as stoning women to death who are not virgins on marriage.
- Atheists base their behaviour on reason, Christians on cherry picking barbarous morality.