If you are suddenly dumped, if you tell yourself the wrong things, you can screw your life up for decades. Here is what to do:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Think back over all the subtle warning signs that the breakup was coming.
- Think of all the reasons you two were not that well suited.
- Think of all the things your ex may be able to improve in his life in a new relationship.
- Think of all the things you may be able to improve in your life in a new relationship.
- You want to look at the breakup as the playing out of inevitable forces, not of anyone’s fault, especially your own. You will just torment yourself needlessly if you ask What if I had done X differently?. You can vow to be more considerate in future relationships, but you cannot change the past.
- If you catch yourself saying I could never love another but him don’t be silly. You have only met the minutest fraction of the planet’s eligible partners.
- Ask anyone who was similarly dumped. They will assure you the pain gradually subsides.