Letter to the Next Incarnation of Intelligent Life on Earth
I am a human, writing very close the extinction of my species. We humans are our own worst enemies. The two most immediate causes of our demise are climate change and nuclear war.
We humans have done so many things leading to our early extinction. Perhaps you can avoid some of them:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- You must abandon religion as soon as possible. It makes you believe that which is not so and to become addicted to wishful thinking.
- As you eliminate the predators and diseases that carve into your population, you must control your population yourself.
- You must never leave the soils less fertile than you found them. You must never leave the rivers less suitable for fish than you found them. You must never harvest to the point that fish or other wild populations are reduced.
- You must never increase the share of the planet’s surface for your species’ use.
- War must be highly ritualised, more like a professional sport. You must not tolerate any evolution in weapons.
- You must control the wealth gap so that one individual has no more than ten times the wealth of a another.
- Don’t make any drastic changes to the composition of the air, water, seas or soils.