The Imaginary President
The CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) interviewed Trump voters from all over the world as part of its election night coverage. They would ask about various Trump negatives. His supporters would respond like this:
- About the wall. He did not mean that. I know him in my heart. He would never do that.
- About ridding America of Muslims. That was just election talk to get votes. He would never actually do that.
- About the 21 women and numerous witnesses accusing him of sexual assault. He said they are all liars. He would never lie. That is good enough for me. Oddly Trump supporters have 100% amnesia about him confessing to multiple counts of sexual assault.
- About deliberately proliferating nukes to other countries. He did not mean that. He was just tired, and the media must have taken it out of context.
- About forcing women to go to illegal abortionists. If women refuse to live by the values of my church, they deserve hell.
- About locking up his political opponents without due process. He was just exaggerating. I can 110% guarantee whatever he does will be legal. Hillary is so crooked, she should be executed. She does not deserve a trial. Trump supporters can never actually enumerate Hillary’s crimes. All they know is Trump told them they had something do with email and they were the biggest scandal since Watergate.
- About tearing up our NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) agreement and all trade agreements. Oh, he can’t be serious. Russia would have a free hand in Europe. Without agreements, all our trade would dry up. It would take a decade to renegotiate. After us reneging other countries might even refuse to negotiate.
These people did note vote for the actual Trump, but the Trump as they wish he were. The Germans were shocked by Hitler. He too announced exactly what he planned to do (in his book Mein Kampf ). His supporters did not believe him either.
The good news is, Americans will be soon thoroughly punished for their stupidity and gullibility. Trump promised the moon, yet he cannot deliver. If he follows his plan, he will deliver a major recession instead.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)