Dictator of the World
If I were dictator of the world:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- I would enforce freedom of religion and bar government broadcasting agencies (radio, TV and Internet) from airing Christmas or Christian entertainments on the grounds they violate the freedom of non-Christians to avoid worshiping false gods. Even though they are a majority, Christians do not have the right to use the government to impose their religion on others. Private stations would remain free to play Christmas music. Classical music, but not carols would be exempt.
- It would still be legal for the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation), PBS (Public Broadcasting System) etc. to broadcast objective educational materials and debates about Christmas and Christians, just not promotional materials.
- It would be illegal for private radio and TV stations to broadcast the same Christmas song, play, story or recitation more than once per year. They would likely adopt a top 10,000 countdown (worst to best or best to worst) format.
- There would be a mall Christmas music tax sufficiently high to discourage 90% of malls from subjecting their patrons to Christmas elevator music.
- The same rules would apply to every religion and seasonal festival.