* roles of people as: translators, proofreaders, programmers and administrators.
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS roles;
CREATE TABLE roles (
* aka userNameCol to Tomcat JDBCRealm
* this is the User
* people are identified by unique initials. If there are duplicates,
* break the tie with a number or extra letter.
* The field is case-insensitive.
* The initials (acual a user id) must pass muster by a system wide
* configurable regex to determine what is considered acceptable.
* To allow only letters, underscore and dot use [a-zA-Z\\\_\\.]++
* in the initialsValidRegex field in the configuration file.
initials CHAR( 4 ) NOT NULL,
* ake roles to Tomcat JDBCRealm
* a person could be any combination of translator, proofreader, programmer, administrator
* The combination is encoded as a SET in the people record.
capability ENUM( 'translator', 'proofreader', 'programmer','administrator' ),
* We look up people by their initials.
* We also use initials to link in other tables
* to link to this information.
PRIMARY KEY( initials, capability )