I think the future of American and Canadian aggressive warfare will go to the drone.
- The pilot is completely safe, sitting in a bunker on the other side of the world.
- The plane is cheaper to build.
- The plane can accelerate faster than a human can withstand.
- Fat couch potatoes can pilot them.
- Being smaller, the plane can be quieter and harder to detect. They can be made in a wide variety of sizes.
- They can more precisely pinpoint the precise victim or family. They can be thought of as assassination weapons.
- They terrorise the population, much the way Nazi buzz bombs terrorised London in WWII (World War II).
I think the future of warfare against America and Canada will use terrorism.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- There is no simple target to retaliate against.
- It can strike anywhere at any time.
- It costs almost nothing for the attacker and is cripplingly expensive to defend against.