Subsidising Pro Sports
Public money should not be spent on professional sports and sports arenas for the following reasons:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Only a small proportion of the population uses the facilities.
- Pro sports are rolling in money. There are many other things more deserving of subsidy.
- The poor who cannot afford tickets end up subsidising the rich who can.
- It is a frill. We should not be spending on frills when necessities go begging.
- Pro sports should be compensating cities for the cost of the riots their trigger, not the reverse.