Blowing Money on the Military
Canada’s plan to drastically increase military spending are foolish for a number of reasons:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- No one has attacked Canada since WWII (World War II). Just who are we afraid of?
- If Russia or China decided to attack, our little contingent of F35s would be no deterrent.
- If someone wanted to take over Canada, they would buy it piece by piece with Harper’s blessing. It would be a lot cheaper than a war.
- F35s have too short a range and can’t handle Arctic weather making them useless for Arctic patrol. Use satellites or drones.
- The F35 is designed for Afghan-style aircraft carrier based aggressive wars, i.e. tagging along on US resource wars. We are far better to spend the money to prop up our economy.