Ask people who were alive in 1939 how they felt about Hitler. They will tell you he was such an awful man that there was no possibility of surrender under any circumstances. I submit the people of Afghanistan and Iraq feel the same way about the Americans. Surrender is unthinkable. Why would they feel this way?
- Aiding and abetting such invasions is a capital offense under international law.
- The war is illegal on many grounds in American law. Americans don’t even follow their own rules.
- Americans lied that Afghanistan and Iraq were behind 2001-09-11 when there is no evidence to support that. Not even George W. Bush made that claim.
- Bush lied that Iraq had nukes and they knew precisely where they where. Even after the lie was exposed the Americans refused to with withdraw.
- Obama auctioned off all of Iraq’s oil reserves to American and European oil companies on day he announced the war over — mission accomplished.
- Americans gave all of Iraq’s traditional seed genome to Monsanto who then introduced terminator genes and forced Iraqis to pay exorbitant prices for their own traditional seed.
- Americans invaded Afghanistan because the Taliban refused Unocal a free right of way for a pipeline.
- Americans invaded Afghanistan because they wanted the bulk of the world’s lithium hidden under Afghan soil to use in high-performance batteries.
- George W. Bush called the Geneva conventions quaint.
- Americans routinely tortured all POWs (Prisoner Of Wars).
- Americans drop bombs on homes from airplanes and drones. This kills mostly civilians and of those, mostly children.
- Americans use banned weapons such as DU (Depleted Uranium), white phosphorus, poison gas, napalm, cluster bombs (disguised as yellow food packets to attract and kill children) and bio-warfare (including destroying water, sewage and electric plants).
- American installed an ex-Unocal man, Hamid Karzai as puppet dictator. He was the most corrupt politician on the planet and the world’s biggest heroin drug lord.
- Americans have desecrated mosques and tried to convert the people away from Islam.
- Americans have occupied Afghanistan since 2001-10-27 for 16 years and 12 days and Iraq since 2003-03-20 for 14 years, 6 months and 30 days. The Americans keep saying they are going to leave, but then make up yet another excuse to stay. They have constructed their buildings as if the occupation were to last at least 50 years. It looks pretty much as if they plan to stay until every last barrel of oil and gram of lithium is gone.
- The USA CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) trained Saddam and helped him to power. Prior to that Iraq was prosperous free country.
- The USA overthrew the democratic government in Iran and installed the Shah as dictator. He was one of the world’s top ten bad guys.
- Under American occupation, heroin exports went from zero to $1 trillion a year in Afghanistan — more than enough to keep the world’s junkies stoned. It is now used to make addictive products aimed at children such as cheese sold in Texas elementary schools.
- Americans have no sense of restraint in war. They are the only country to have used nukes on civilians.
- Americans bombed Tokyo in WWII (World War II) using napalm. This was the largest, most lethal, bombing of civilians in world history and their record stands to this day.
- Americans support the Israelis in their invasion and occupation of Palestine and the apartheid system they set up and in their illegal occupation of Arab territory. Trump opposes peace or a two-state solution.
If you live in the USA, you will probably disagree with some of the items on that list. But that is irrelevant when figuring out how much opposition to expect from the Afghans and Iraqis. People outside the USA have a much dimmer view of America’s behaviour than Americans have of themselves. What counts is what the Afghans and Iraqis think in determining how likely they are to surrender.
Hitler did some pretty nasty stuff, but his list is considerably shorter. No wonder the Afghans and Iraqis refuse to surrender! Further the victims of America’s invasions have been previously toughened by living under the domination of Saddam and the Russians. They have suffered far too much to give up now. As Napoléon said How many things apparently impossible have nevertheless been performed by resolute men who had no alternative but death.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)