People who frequently criticise Christianity or Islam usually pass over indigenous religions. This is because:
- Indigenous people rarely try to impose their religious beliefs on others.
- Indigenous religions are respectful of the environment.
- There is not much information about them easily available.
There are a few things about them I do not like:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- They are based on woo and myth the same as any other religion.
- They encourage people to waste time with prayer, ceremonies, drumming… that give the illusion of doing something useful.
- They treat tobacco as a sacrament rather than a poison.
- They bully teen boys to become shamans.
- They use them as a way to reverse discriminate against not-aboriginals.