The Choice Process
Book referral for Gathering Power Through Insight and Love
Ken does his
deepest discussion of The Choice Process in Gathering Power Through Insight and Love.
||recommend book⇒Gathering Power Through Insight and Love|
||Ken Keyes Jr. with Penny Keyes
||1921-01-19 died: 1995-12-20 at age: 74
|Informally known as The Methods Book gets down to the brass tacks. All the various exercises you can use to help get rid of addictions. It contains some template pages you could use to create a Getting Free Book diary.|
|Greyed out stores probably do not have the item in stock. Try looking for it with a bookfinder.|
Usually you do this process in your head, but you can use paper or do it with a partner.
For example, let’s say you are worried you might not have enough money to pay next month’s rent.
- pinpoint your addiction in the canonical form: I create the experience
of ______ (emotion(s) ) because my programming addictively demands that ______
(what you want).
- My positive intention behind this addiction is to see myself as _____, or to hear inside that _________ or to
feel ______. (See the list of positive intentions.)
- Three new ways to achieve that same positive intention are _____
Note how the three new ways of achieving your positive intention need have nothing whatever to do with the original
situation. These are not three ways to solve the problem. They are three ways to get your emotional needs met,
whether or not you have enough money for the rent.
- I create the experience of worry because my programming addictively demands that I have enough money
for next month’s rent.
- My positive intention behind this addiction is to feel secure.
- Three new ways to achieve that same positive intention are:
- I can check out how much money I actually do have, and budget accordingly.
- I can remind myself, that even if I don’t have money for rent, there are agencies who will see to it
I don’t freeze to death.
- I can make a cup of cocoa and snuggle up with my heating pad.
The choice process is not a substitute for solving your life problem. It is something extra you do to soothe your
emotions while you are solving it.