Questions for Quistians
- You assert that all other religions are wrong and yours is completely correct. How do you know if you have never studied the other religions?
- You assert that all other religions are wrong and yours is completely correct. What is so different about your religion?
- You assert that all other religions are run by charlatans or by people who were deluded, imagining they were speaking for god. What evidence do you have you have not fallen into the same trap?
- Sai Baba (born:1926-11-23 died:2011-04-24 at age:84) has performed miracles in front of millions of people, even me. Why do you discount him in favour of your prophet for whom the only evidence is third hand accounts written a century after his death?
- There are thousands of sightings of the risen Elvis. Why do you discount these? The claim is not that fantastic, merely that Elvis faked his death, a claim far less grandiose than your prophet’s claim to have designed and created the universe.
- There are tens of thousands of UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) sightings. Why do you discount these? There are living witnesses, photographs and physical evidence. The existence of UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects) breaks no physical laws. Yet you swallow much stranger claims about your prophet without any evidence at all.
- If all the clergy in your church confessed that it was all a monstrous lie, what would you miss most about your shattered faith? That is what is fuelling your tenacious and irrational belief.
- Thousands upon thousands of unwed pregnant girls have sworn they did not have sex. You did not believe a one of them. Yet you believe Mary, whom you did not even see interviewed. Why did you believe her?
A quistian is someone willing to at least question his faith.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)