DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals)
DACA protects children who were brought illegally into the USA by their parents. It does not give them permanent citizenship, but it defers deportation so long as they keep registering. These children have unusually high rates of high school graduation, university graduation and employment. To qualify for the program, they must have perfect criminal records.
Why Repealing DACA is Wrong
- The US government made an agreement with the dreamers (illegal immigrant children) and now it is reneging.
- The children had nothing to do with the decision to immigrate illegally. It is unfair to punish them so severely.
- Industry wants to keep the workers.
- These people have been raised as American citizens. Many do not even speak the language of their parent’s native country. They do not know anyone in their parent’s native country. They have no job to go to.
- Younger dreamers have no one to care for them in their parent’s native country.
- It will rip families and friends apart. Some family members have citizenship. Some do not.
Why Is Trump Doing This?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- He is racist. His whole campaign was about making America white again by expelling Mexicans and Muslims. He harbours racist notions about Mexicans e.g. that they are all rapists and drug dealers.
- Nazis, Ku Klux Klan, White Supremacists… support Trump. He feels obligated to do them a favour in return.
- Hispanics tend to vote Democrat. Dreamers cannot vote, but their families can. He wants to drive Hispanic families out of America to help the Republican vote.
- Trump cannot bully Mexico into paying for his wall. He has lost status in the eyes of his racist base. He needs to regain status by doing something nasty to Mexicans. He is behaving much like he were a member of a criminal gang.
- Trump claims he is expelling dreamers to uphold the law. That is not true. The law currently states dreamers can stay. He is changing the law make it racist. He could just as easily uphold the law by rewriting the law to give dreamers permanent citizenship if they proved good candidates.