Malaysia has the death penalty for drug dealing. When I was there I saw gangs of teens selling marijuana. I could not believe they would take such a risk. I thought the penalty was crazily harsh. I have since reexamined the policy.
Consider the harm users of drugs such as cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine and fentanyl do:
- Harm to the health of the user.
- The user drops out of contributing to society and becomes a net burden. The taxpayer is stuck paying for their food, lodging and extensive medical care.
- The user betrays and steals from friends and family.
- The user abandons duties to wife and children.
- Users risk the lives of children with careless disposal of needles.
- Users require endless expensive rehab that hardly ever works.
These people have abandoned their role as humans. It is not that unreasonable to simply eliminate them. There is little point in investing money in them. With Draconian law, perhaps people would not try drugs out of curiosity or just for something to do.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)