Is Your Child a Potential Computer Programmer?
A computer programmer has to be a patient stickler for detail. If your child typically does thing like the following, computer programming may be a suitable career.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Experiments to see which is better, washing clothes and socks right-side out or inside-out.
- Makes Jello using two cups of hot water.
- Puts Dymo labels on all the household computer connectors and cables.
- Can explain to you why some particular order of gargling, flossing and brushing is best.
- Uses some sort of keyboard mapping to optimise the position of keys on her keyboard.
- Has a fondness for putting things in Ziploc plastic bags that do not need protection.
- Prefers polyphonic music.
- Prefers toys with thousands of tiny pieces.
- His favourite Christmas present was a package of Post-It flags.
- Names her pets after ancient Greeks.
- Writes daily to software vendors, manufacturers, media, government, authors etc. telling them how what they do could be improved.