Types of Climate Change Denier
There are many types of climate change denier:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- The professional hired by the fossil fuel industry. These are professional liars. Often they are the same people who lied on behalf of the tobacco industry. George Monbiot studied them and noticed they usually hurled personal insults intending to frighten off opposing thought.
- A elderly person highly addicted to money. He can make money by continued use of fossil fuels. He figures he will be dead before the consequences of climate change are unbearable personally. He does not care in the least for what happen to others or to the earth after he dies.
- The religious crazy who yearns for the end of the world and climate change sounds like it. He does not want anyone interfering with God’s plan.
- The stupid person who gets caught in an echo chamber on the Internet, a set of websites that promote a crazy idea. He gets the idea denying has consensus and there is no opposition. He can be trapped because the denier pitch is so simplistic.
- The guy who hates environmentalists and opposes anything they do as a matter of principle. He imagines it manly to claim his favourite dish is spotted owl stew.
- An aggressively ignorant person who does not know the difference between climate and weather, who imagines because it snowed last week that contradicts everything science has to say on climate change.
- Preposterously optimistic wishful thinkers who imagine their god will protect them from the folly of releasing gigatonnes of greenhouse gases. The ignore the fact their god has never intervened in such a way before, e.g. to clean up pollution.