Decline of Animal Eating
I predict eating animals will disappear within a century. Why?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Livestock are a massive source of methane, one of the most potent greenhouse gases.
- Meat is ridiculously expensive in the amount of water, money and space it consumes. Almost no one could afford it if it were not so heavily subsidised.
- Increased population and global warming will decrease the supply and increase the cost.
- Artificial meat will eventually taste even better and have a more pleasing texture than meat created from killing animals and it will be much cheaper.
- Eating meat from dead animals will come to the younger generation to be considered gross, rather than a treat.