Religion as the Foundation of Morality
Religious people worry that without their religion, there would be no foundation for morality. What is the morality their religions teach?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Other people’s birth control is more your business than theirs.
- What other people do in bed is more your business than theirs.
- You, as a believer, count as a full human. Others do not. Your god will torment them for eternity for choosing the wrong form of worship. You should make their lives as miserable as possible in anticipation.
- Your god wants you to kill gays and many others.
- It is your job to kill or make unmarried mothers as miserable as possible.
- Eating shrimp is very very wicked.
- You must keep people alive as long as possible, even against their will because your god enjoys their suffering. Pain is Jesus’ kisses.
- You have the right to take other people’s real estate if your god promised it to early adopters of your religion.
- Women and children are chattels who need to be beaten.
- It was a mistake to repeal slavery.