Imagine what would happen if, by some miracle, all the Christians were hoovered off the earth or otherwise eliminated. In the USA, about 75% of the people would disappear.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Millions of mortgages would go into default and the banks would foreclose. Real estate prices would plummet.
- Millions of bank accounts would be abandoned and after a suitable delay, the banks would confiscate the funds.
- The credit card companies would have to write off at least a trillion dollars in bad debt.
- With most of the climate-change deniers gone, the world would finally get on with reducing greenhouse gas emissions and clean energy.
- With most of the religious right gone, the Republican party would become an insignificant power, at least for a while.
- With the Christians gone who trust Jesus to clean up after environmental damage, we would start to care for our forests and rivers.
- Church property owned outright would just sit around and rot. At first, it would not be confiscated for non-payment of taxes since there are no taxes. Eventually though people would notice these crumbling churches were no longer being used for any religious purposes and civic governments would tax them, then confiscate them.
- Muslims would become the dominant religious group.
- With the Christians gone, people who interfere with public health on HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency Virus), measles, mumps, whooping cough, TB (Terabytes), malaria etc. would be gone too. We might just eliminate these diseases altogether.
- Gay people would be safe to walk the streets.
- The world’s largest paedophile ring would be gone.
- Government tax revenue would drastically shrink. The government would have to consolidate schools and abandon most of the military.
- Europe would only be minimally effected. They would take over the rôle the USA formerly had in the world. China would not be affected that much. South America and Africa would decimated. Russia would be affected more than Europe, but not as much as the USA.