Paedophilia and Witchcraft
There are some disturbing parallels between public reaction to witchcraft and paedophilia.
Parallels between Witchcraft and paedophilia Parallels between Witchcraft and paedophilia Feature Witchcraft Paedophilia Accused presumed guilty, even if accused anonymously without evidence? Accusations use vague, ill-defined terminology so no one knows precisely what is being alleged? Convictions are possible even if the accused did nothing to the victim, just thought, looked at, said or wrote something? Evidence of innocence is admissible? Do men commonly accuse men? Do men commonly accuse women? Do women commonly accuse men? Do women commonly accuse women? Is false accusation a popular means of smearing or getting revenge? If the accuser recants, the testimony still stands? Accused and victim must be in proximity at the time of the alleged crime? Confessions typically extracted under duress? Confessions typically extracted by torture? Is there a statute of limitations to ensure accurate evidence used at trial? Typically punished by burning at the stake? Typically punished by public execution? Typically punished by vigilante execution? Accusation results in lifetime stigma?
Examples of Vague Terminology
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- The term adult can mean anyone from 13 to 110 years old.
- The term child can mean anyone from a fertilised egg to a 21 year old.
- The term child abuse can mean anything from shouting at, raping, denying medical care, forcing to perform onerous labour, failing to provide appropriate clothing, relying on faith healers, failing to supervise, failing to provide proper nutrition, spanking, kissing…
- The word molest vaguely means interfere with. It can even refer to poking a spawning salmon with a sapling.
- The term paedophilia is a ridiculous euphemism because it means literally child-liking. Anyone who liked children would never consider traumatising or raping them.
- If you want children to testify accurately, you need very clear, concrete, unambiguous vocabulary.