Christians tell me that god gives them a purpose in life, but they won’t tell me what it is. God does not tell you anything. What they mean is their church gives them something to keep themselves occupied: pointless activities like praying, singing, kneeling, waving incense around and organising bake sales. The way I look at it, since the universe is apparently not conscious, it can’t very well have a purpose of its own. So you are free to choose your own purpose for your life and to change it any time you please, for example:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Ending hunger.
- Seeing to it that all children are safe, house, fed and educated.
- Guaranteeing women equality.
- Guaranteeing gay equality.
- Eliminating racial prejudice.
- Stopping global warming.
- Protecting the environment.
- Ensuring religious freedom, including protection from the bullying of other people’s religions.
- Making sure everyone has access to clean water.
- Making sure everyone has access to health care.
- Reigning in the power of corporations.
- Guaranteeing freedom to choose when and how you want to die.
- Creating a new variety of rose.
- Raising your own kids.