Complaints With Christians
I am fed up with Christians meddling in my life. Where do you go to vote them off the island? Here are some of my complaints with them in descending order:
- Discrimination against gays must stop. It is illegal. We must not continue to let Christians get away with advocating murder and hate speech against gays. Just because they break the law out of religious hatred should not give them a get-out-of-jail-free card.
- Christians must stop interfering with marriages between gays. Christians are not affected in any way so have no right to meddle. They have no right to cherry pick their bible and use it as an excuse to persecute minorities, originally blacks, now gays. We have freedom of religion and freedom from religion and that includes freedom from the most hateful religion of them all — Christianity.
- Christians must stop interfering in other people’s end-of-life decisions.
- Disband churches that aid and abet threats and violence against children to force them into sexual acts.
- Christians must stop interfering in other people’s abortions. Their objections are based on a religious superstition that a disembodied consciousness, a ghost, called a soul, possesses the body at conception and leaves it at death. There is not one iota of evidence to substantiate this nonsense.
- Christians must stop interfering in other people’s contraception. It is none of their business.
- Christians must stop interfering in organ transplants.
- Christians must stop teaching junk science in public schools.
- The government must stop giving religious lobbyists, i.e. politically active churches, tax breaks than other lobbyists do not get.
- Churches should get the exact same tax breaks other organisations get, only breaks for their charitable works, not just for being a church.
- Full disclosure of how religious donations are spent.
- Protect children from Christian parents doing harmful things to them for religious reasons, such as denying medical care for snake bites.
- Prosecute faith healers for false claims, just as any other false advertiser.
- Make it illegal to proselytize to other people’s children without their parents’ explicit signed permission.
- No circumcision, male or female, without consent.
- The Pope must formally disown the parts of the bible that demand criminal behaviour or that encourage hate toward various minority groups.
- A moratorium on Christmas music and Christmas programming one day in seven during December. It is nauseating, like a diet of pure high fructose corn syrup. It in unfair of Christians to impose the torture on others without relief.
These reforms apply mostly to Christians, but, of course, any changes in law would not single them out.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)