Locking in Creationism
There are two kinds of creationists, the professional con men who earn a living from it and their victims who hand over 10% or more of their lifetime income for the privilege of being brainwashed. The con men have a serious problem. Creationism is completely counter to fact. If they let their followers think about it, or expose them to science, they would soon realise how bogus it was. The con men have evolved a very sophisticated set of brainwashing tools to keep their victims in thrall. It works like this:
- The con men convince the victims they are very stupid. They cannot trust their own ability to reason. They can only trust god (in the form of the con men and their interpretations of the bible).
- The con men convince the victims that non-believers are all master magicians. They work for the devil to present simple rational arguments against creationism that appear sensible, but which are actually treacherous and bogus. So oddly, creationists believe all non-creationists are much smarter than they are, a result of their alliance with evil. This is an extreme paranoid delusion. Creationists think the majority of the people on earth (the non-creationists) are plotting to have them tortured for eternity. Why would anyone want do so such a terrible thing? Even creationists are not that devious or malicious. Those trying to talk creationists out of their delusions do not shout, threaten or harm. Surely some of them would be expected to give away their extreme hatred.
- The con men teach that the only way to protect yourself from all this Satanic treachery (and resultant hellfire) is to avoid all science and reason, especially evolution and believe in creationism no matter how silly it sounds.
It is true that creationists are unusually stupid, but that is only because they were brainwashed as infants to surrender their reason to the creationist con men.
Just what then actually motivates people to try to talk creationists out of their beliefs?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Because creationism is flat out wrong. It conflicts in every detail with the facts.
- Because children taught creationism cannot get good jobs in science and industry. That tanks the economy.
- Because creationists harm their children by relying on quack faith healers.
- Because creationists irrationally like to torment gay people and sometimes kill them.
- Because creationists, for irrational reasons, and with fanatical zeal, interfere in the lives of others on such issues of contraception, abortion, sex education, marijuana, nude sunbathing, organ transplant and end-of-life decisions.
- Because creationists force their religion on others. They refuse to accept the religious truce of separation of church and state. They demand to be treated as a special case.
- Because creationists refuse to obey the law. They imagine they are above the law. They think they are better than everyone else, with the right to boss everyone else around.