Why I despise Christian Apologists
I have the utmost contempt for Christian apologists, especially William Lane Craig. They start with a lame argument using 400-year old science why the universe had to have a jump-starter.
- Then they leap to the conclusion the starter was supernatural, a deity, and outside space, time and the universe (even though the universe by definition contains all that is, including any deities).
- Then they leap to the conclusion it named itself Yahweh.
- Then they leap to the conclusion Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead.
- Then they leap to the conclusion Yahweh watches all the masturbation of all teens on planet earth.
- Then they leap to the conclusion your most important moral duty is to make the lives of homosexuals as miserable as possible.
- Then they leap to the conclusion Yahweh answers every prayer, even though he obviously does no such thing, unless by answers you mean silently ignores prayers.
- Then sometimes they even leap to the conclusion you should vote Republican.
None of this follows. It is one giant non-sequitur, and they know it! But the bastards keep repeating the lies and pretending these are necessary consequences of the universe-starter argument.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)