Disband all the Churches
In balance, mankind would be better off if all the Christian churches disbanded. Why?
- They encourage followers to discriminate against, persecute and beat up gay people. In my years as a gay rights activist, I received 3,200 death threats from these loons.
- They interfere with efforts to control the HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency Virus) epidemic.
- They interfere with efforts to slow the population explosion.
- They spew FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) about global warming which will kill as all if they succeed.
- They spread lies about evolution, astronomy and other sciences. They interfere in what they have no understanding of, such as stem cell research.
- They are trying to destroy the great truce — the separation of church and state.
- They con the foolish, elderly and poor out of their life savings.
- They aided and abetted child abuse both physical and sexual and helped priests find ever more fresh victims. This alone is sufficient justification to disband both the Catholic and Anglican sects.
Alain de Botton, in his book Religion for Atheists: A Non-believer’s Guide to the Uses of Religion suggests extracting the good of Christianity, e.g. the fellowship and singing and ignoring the insanity, inanity and cruelty. That is like ignoring the crimes of the Mafia because they run good pizza restaurants.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)