What Is Important To Christians?
It drives atheists nuts when Christians claim they believe in bible stories like Genesis or Noah’s ark which are simply impossible for a thousand reasons. Christians claim to believe every word in the bible, but they really don’t. Very few of them have even read the bible cover to cover. What’s really important to Christians are values:
- hating gays
- teenage celibacy
- breeding large families
- nominal obedience to some church
- anti-environmentalism. Trash the earth all you like because Jesus will clean it up.
When a mother fears her child will abandon the faith, it is not that he will stop believing bible stories, it is that he will abandon these values and shame the family by renouncing the church. However, Christian values are no longer suitable for the modern age.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Hurting gays accomplishes nothing. It is the same spiteful nonsense as motivates cruelty to Jews, blacks, Muslims…
- Teens are reaching puberty much younger than ever before. It unrealistic to force celibacy on them.
- The planet is grossly overpopulated. People should be encouraged to have smaller families not larger. This business about a single cell being sacred (where a single skin cell is not) and girls are forced to bear the sons of rapists is just smoke to cover wanting ever more babies — an ancient and obsolete desire.
- Blind obedience is the royal road to evil.
- There are so many people now, even our inadvertent actions wipe out species after species and destroy the very environment that sustains us.