Countries without Government? Try Somalia
The Tea Party, as a matter of religious faith, imagines society will run itself (or the corporations will run it) if you shrink government down so it handles nothing but defence. But where is the evidence for this?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- What recession was softened other than by government?
- Who but government has ever intervened during massive unemployment?
- Who but government has held out a hand (not just a token hand for the cameras) to the poor, disabled or ill to ensure they had a place to live?
- When did business ever regulate itself to ensure product safety or concern for the environment?
- When did anybody other than government build a road you could drive on without paying tolls?
- What percentage of the people went to school back in the days when they were handled by private enterprise?