Ashamed To Be American
It is embarrassing to admit one is American. No amount of flag waving and singing can disguise it. Why?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- America is the richest country on earth, but has managed to slide $14.3 trillion in debt.
- America is the richest country on earth, but has the lowest per capita expenditure in foreign aid.
- America gives most of its foreign aid, not to countries in need, but to Israel, a country with a roaring economy, a surplus and an apartheid system. The Israelis spend most of the money making life miserable for Palestinians.
- Americans have a military more expensive than the rest of the world’s put together. This is partly paranoia, partly bullying but mostly abject capitulation to corrupt arms dealers who sell goods at 1000 times cost.
- Americans consume the lion’s share of the world’s food becoming grossly obese while billions literally starve to death. Americans consider competitive gorging a sport.
- Americans spend at least twice as much on health care than anyone else, but enjoy the worse outcomes than any other developed country. They are on par with Cuba. They abjectly surrender to crooked health care companies who rip them off mercilessly.
- Americans undermine democracy throughout the world by propping up pro-western dictators. Their greatest shame is foisting Unocal’s representative, Hamid Karzai, the world’s most corrupt politician and the planet’s biggest heroin dealer on Afghanistan.
- Americans not only emit most of the world’s greenhouse gases, they gave launched a global campaign of lies to fool people into thinking this is a perfectly sensible thing to do.
- American tactics in war would make Hitler blush. America declared the Geneva Conventions quaint and routinely tortures every detainee and uses banned weapons to make deaths of civilians as slow and painful as possible.
- America brags about rule of law, but tortures people in secret prisons around the world, without trial or charge.
- The USA is involved in a number of illegal wars. The USA signed a treaty agreeing it would not attack other countries, only defend itself if attacked. This treaty trumps the constitution. Yet it laughs at its broken promise.
- Americans meekly handed over control of their country to corporations with the John Roberts Supreme Court decisions such as Citizens United that allowed corporations and foreign countries to legally and secretly bribe politicians with unlimited amounts of cash.