Naïve Trump Supporters
I heard a few Trump supporters on the Cross-Country Checkup phone-in show. They all supported Trump because they believed he was going to force American corporations to bring jobs back to America. That would certainly be a great thing for the American working man, but I don’t think there is a snowball’s chance in hell Trump would ever do it. Why?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Trump himself outsources manufacturing to Asia for all his companies, including his trademark ties. Trump is a famously selfish man. He is proud of it. He is not likely to do anything that hurts his own bottom line.
- When Trump was born, the doctor had to extract a tiny gold spoon from his rectum. Trump has lived in luxury all his life. He does not even know how to boil an egg. Servants wipe his bum. He does not associate with working people. He refers to them as losers. He has no sympathy for the working class. He was just dangling this carrot in front of them to get elected. He has no intention of carrying through.
- Trump routinely hires people to do work for him, then stiffs them. He even stiffed his own campaign workers. His pattern is to promise the working man, then not carry through.
- Is Trump on the side of the rich and corporations or the little guy? Look at his tax policy. He plans massive cuts, but only for the rich and corporations.
- The corrupt Republican house and senate, bought up to the hilt by the rich and corporations via the Citizens United Roberts Supreme Court decision, would never let it pass.
- Trump has brought insiders like Reince Priebus, the ultimate insider, the Chairman of the Republican National Committee into his cabinet. Other insiders on the short list include John Bolton, Newt Gingrich, Tim Pawlenty, Kelly Ayotte, Jon Kyl, Jeff Sessions (climate change denier), Chris Christie, Rudolph W. Giuliani, Jan Brewer, Sarah Palin, Sam Brownback, Dr. Ben Carson (climate change denier), Mike Huckabee (climate change denier), Bobby Jindal (climate change denier),, Rick Scott, Scott Pruitt (climate change denier), Rick Perry (climate change denier). These insiders have all been bought and work slavishly for the elites.
- Currently, the USA is signatory to all manner of treaties and trade agreements that would prohibit Trump from instituting the tariffs he plans to drag jobs home. He would have to unilaterally renege on all those agreements. At that point, US corporations would have to pay high tariffs to export to other countries. They would also have to pay higher wages. Many US companies would downsize or even go bankrupt. The effect on the US economy would be catastrophic.
Now that he is president, let us look at the promises he reneged on in the first few days:
- No more wall, and of course no more forcing Mexico to pay for it.
- No more banning gay marriage.
- No more reneging on all trade agreements, at least not for now.
- No more banning all Muslims from entering the country.
I hope this trend continues. It would be nice to abandon nuclear war, nuclear proliferation and doing nothing about climate change. It would be nice to leave Roe v Wade in place. It would be nice to get some new supreme courts justices with a history of honouring the constitution, rather than religious fanatics intent on imposing Christianity on everyone.