When Michael Zehaf-Bibeau killed a guard at the War Memorial and barged into the Parliament Buildings with a Winchester .30-30 rifle, Conservative Leader Stephen Harper, NDP Leader Thomas Mulcair and Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau exploded in bombast. They wanted to convert the ne’er-do-well homeless, drug addict Zehalf-Bibeau into an international criminal mastermind, a sort of Lex Luthor plotting to destroy democracy. The whole performance was so overblown, I felt similar contempt for Mulcair and Trudeau that I usually reserve for Harper.
The proper question to ask is why couldn’t Zehaf-Bibeau get into rehab? That is the root cause of this whole mess.~ Roedy (born: 1948-02-04 age: 66)
|Conservative Trash-the-Environment Bill C-38||The outrageous Omnibus bill that seeks to destroy Canada in at least a dozen ways. 2014-10-14|
|Anyone But Harper||Why I wanted the Conservatives defeated in the Canadian 2008 federal election, and why I think a coalition should replace them now. 2014-10-14|
|Lowell Green||Lowell Green, right wing talk host puts out a fatwah on Roedy for composing a letter to a ghost. 2014-10-15|
|Canada||Quotes about Canada, mostly politics. 2014-10-24|
|Politics||Quotes about politics, war and government. 2014-10-25|
|Speakers’ Corner||Scripts of Roedy’s soap box TV public service announcements on Speakers' Corner on A-Channel (formerly the newVI) TV Station. 2014-10-11|
|BC Politics||In the Maritimes, politics is a disease, in Québec a religion, in Ontario a business, on the Prairies a protest and in British Columbia entertainment. 2014-10-14|
|Remembrance Day||Remembrance Day: cutting the crap 2014-10-15|
|Feedback||Read feedback from readers of the politics section. If you don’t want your message and my reply publicly posted, please let me know. 2014-10-25|
|Paul Martin||Paul Martin became Prime Minister of Canada in the first coup of a sitting Prime Minister in Canadian history. 2014-10-14|
|Quotations||Quotations on Canada and Canadian politics. 2014-10-24|
Disband the Snowbirds
The Snowbirds are a Canadian military aeronautic acrobatic team. I would like to see them disbanded for a number of reasons:
- Their shows are intended to turn on young boys and make them yearn to pilot such machines and drop bombs on innocent people.
- They terrify little old ladies. One came rushing toward me convinced we were under attack.
- They take risk by doing acrobatics over cities. They have no right to put those people’s lives at risk.
- They waste huge amounts of fuel and emit huge amounts of greenhouse gases.
- They make a huge racket that brings work to a standstill in the city they attack.
- They are a huge expense to the taxpayer without practical function. They are a frill. The government has no business putting on circus acts at taxpayer expense.
At the very least, the shows should be held in rural areas far away from any city.~ Roedy (born: 1948-02-04 age: 66)
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
|no blog for this page||Canadian
Your face IP:[184.108.40.206]
You are visitor number|