Irrational Indigenous People
The European settlers treated the indigenous people very badly. Most of us are only dimly aware of a few of the atrocities:
- The drove the natives off their land into small enclaves of marginal land.
- The killed off the game and fish the indigenous people used for food.
- They poisoned their rivers.
- They gave the natives blankets laced with smallpox.
- They made the potlatch and other ceremonies illegal.
- They slaughtered entire villages.
- They kidnapped their children and put them in residential schools, where their native languages were beaten out of them. They could not see their parents. They were sexually and physically abused.
- They were not allowed to vote.
The people who perpetrated these crimes are nearly all dead. The indigenous people are so outraged at the assaults, they refuse to acknowledge this. They keep kicking the current generation of Canadians in the teeth. This generation had nothing to do with it. They are almost as outraged. Blaming young Canadians is as silly as blaming young Germans for the crimes of Hitler.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
|Conservative Trash-the-Environment Bill C-38||The outrageous Omnibus bill that seeks to destroy Canada in at least a dozen ways. 2017-06-09|
|Anyone But Harper||Why I wanted the Conservatives defeated in the Canadian 2008 federal election and why I think a coalition should replace them now. 2017-12-27|
|Lowell Green||Lowell Green, right wing talk host puts out a fatwah on Roedy for composing a letter to a ghost. 2017-11-14|
|Canada||Quotes about Canada, mostly politics. 2018-02-17|
|Politics||Quotes about politics, war and government. 2018-02-17|
|Speakers’ Corner||Scripts of Roedy’s soap box TV public service announcements on Speakers' Corner on A-Channel (formerly the newVI) TV Station. 2017-01-02|
|BC Politics||In the Maritimes, politics is a disease, in Québec a religion, in Ontario a business, on the Prairies a protest and in British Columbia entertainment. 2017-09-01|
|Remembrance Day||Remembrance Day: cutting the crap 2018-02-05|
|Feedback||Read feedback from readers of the politics section. If you don’t want your message and my reply publicly posted, please let me know. 2018-02-17|
|Paul Martin||Paul Martin became Prime Minister of Canada in the first coup of a sitting Prime Minister in Canadian history. 2017-05-21|
|Quotations||Quotations on Canada and Canadian politics. 2018-02-17|
For historical reasons, some of the hospitals in BC, Canada are owned by the Catholic church. They are funded by the public health care system. However, they are granted a strange perk — the right to refuse to provide any service they consider immoral. This includes:
- No abortions, even to save the live of the mother.
- No euthanasia as part of hospice care.
- No birth control.
- No treating unwed mothers.
- No treating homosexuals.
Not every Catholic hospital refuses every service that it could in theory deny.
This gets absurd. If a patient comes into emergency, they let them die rather than break one of the Catholic superstitions.
It is unconstitutional (violates freedom of religion) to impose Catholic religious superstitions on the patients, particularly when it kills them. The life of patients is more important than the religious superstitions of the hospital board.
How should the problem be fixed?
- Force the hospital to hire some staff willing to treat those that the Catholic fanatics refuse to.
- Withdraw all funding from the hospital until it starts treating all patients.
- Expropriate the Catholic hospitals.
- Any time a patient checks in at a Catholic hospital, give them a waiver, warning them of the various services the hospital refuses to offer, and if the patient declines to be admitted, they get free transportation to a full-service hospital.
- Sue hospitals who harm patients with their religious superstitions.
Imagine that the JWs (Jehovah’s Witnesses) also ran hospitals. Would we let them deny blood transfusions to the patients? Of course not. Running a hospital is no excuse to impose nutty religious superstitions on the patients.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[220.127.116.11]
You are visitor number|