Mother vs Fetus
The every sperm is sacred crowd are causing some irrational decisions when the health of the mother and the health of a fetus are in conflict.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- They are working on the stone age concept that all breeding is good. The production of the maximal number of babies is the right and proper goal in life as if we were dealing with salmon. Churches push this nutty view because that is how they gain new contributors to fleece.
- They ignore the fact the mother may have other children to care for and responsibilities to the community. If she dies, it is a much bigger catastrophe than if a fetus does.
- They ignore the fact that fetuses are delicate things and are prone to spontaneously aborting. It does not make sense to make heroic sacrifices to save something that could easily die anyway.
- They ignore the fact that if the mother lives, she may have several more children. If you kill her off to save the fetus, she will have none.
- They ignore the fact that society has invested a huge amount of money and effort in the mother in food, care and education. It is crazy to compare her life as equal to one more undeveloped than a jellyfish.
- They ignore the fact that if you kill the mother to save the fetus, that child will grow up without a mother and with the guilt of having murdered her mother.
- They are acting as though they were trading off the life of a toddler vs a nonegenarian, as if the mother’s life were effectively over anyway and the life of the fetus were absolutely assured.
- To make matters worse, in some parts of the world they kill both mother and fetus, even when they could save the mother.