I have discovered that Christians do not care if what they believe is true. All they care about is whether believing makes them feel good. So here are some arguments why Christianity will make you miserable, not why its tenets are false.
If you believe in Christianity:
- You have no privacy. A judgmental, critical old man spies on you 24/7. You cannot even masturbate or defecate in privacy.
- You are under constant threat of eternal torment for minor transgressions.
- There is no evidence for your beliefs. There is no certainty.
- You have to give 10% of your income to the church. You get nothing in return but membership in a singing club.
- There is a constant barrage of nitpicky criticism from your preacher, your fellow church members, yourself and your imaginary god.
- You are constrained by a large number of arbitrary rules most of which would put you in jail if you followed them.
- You feel helpless. Nothing you attempt will succeed without Yahweh’s blessing.
- You have to pray even though nothing happens. You have to pretend it works.
- Yahweh is like a cosmic Trump demanding non-stop flattery.
- You are supporting a criminal organisation that cons the gullible out of money with false promises and promotes child molesting. You share in that guilt.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- You get to fantasise about reunion with dead loved ones, but not dead pets.
- The people and family around you pretend to believe the same nutty stuff you do. If you repudiated it, they would shun you.