Money and Medical Care
There are three key facts you need to know about money and medical care.
- The total budget public medical care is limited. Any time you provide medical care to someone you are denying it to someone else. You have to prioritise.
- Most of the money spend on your medical care occurs in your last year of life.
- Most of the money spend on medical care goes to a few extremely sick people.
This suggests some measures to spend medical care more efficiently.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Avoid treating people who do not want it, must commonly terminally ill people.
- Allow terminally people physician assisted suicide.
- Do not allow families to make emotional decisions about whether to keep relatives on life support. Let physicians make those decisions based on chance of recovery.
- Do not waste time on heroic procedures to heal alcoholics, drug addicts, smokers or the grossly obese. People must demonstrate a willingness to co-operate in their healing.
- Identify people who seek medical treatment for entertainment, sympathy, hypochondria etc. and limit their use of the medical system.
- Do not use expensive treatments on those close to death. There must be a significant benefit in life extension or quality of life.
- Screen potential parents for serious genetic defects. If they are carrying them, sterilise them. They have no right to impose those horrors on their kids just for an ego rush.