Pundits, politicians and talk radio hosts love to argue ideological questions such as:
- Does encouraging gun ownership make you safer?
- Is prohibition of marijuana good for public health?
- Does increasing taxes on the wealthy increase revenue?
- Does providing housing for the homeless save money?
- Does prohibition of abortion reduce the number of abortions?
There should be no need to debate these issues. Surely we have statistics on what happened when various jurisdictions tried it both ways.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)