There are a surprising number of Americans considering voting for Trump for a number of trivial and bigoted reasons. If they succeed in putting him into office there will be serious consequences. Here are a few of them:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Trump announced he is going to unilaterally pull out of all trade agreements and bully other countries into accepting terms much more favourable to the USA. Other countries are not going to like this one bit. At least for several years, there will be no trade agreements. Such agreements can often take a decade or more to negotiate. (Canada just completed one with Europe that took 7 years.) That will put the US economy into a tailspin. There is no guarantee anyone will negotiate with the USA after Trump proved that the USA no longer keeps its word. Why bother with an agreement if the US will just tear it up when they feel like it?
- Trump is a climate change denier. He said he is going to renege on the Paris agreement. Other countries will not like this. China, in particular, said there be serious consequences. By delaying action on climate change, Trump will take the world past the tipping point. Nobody will be able to pull us back from destruction. You, or at least your kids, will die as an effect of your stupid choice assuming that the wrong email server is the most important election consideration. You idiot!
- The only place that people like Trump is in the USA. In the rest of the world, they look on him as a new Hitler or Mussolini. This will discourage tourism. Many talented people will leave the country, just as they left Nazi Germany. They could see the writing on the wall.
- Trump says he is going to renege on the NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) agreement. This will open the door for Putin, Trump’s bromance and supplier of dirt on Hillary, to throw his weight around in Europe.
- Trump gang-raped Katie Johnson, a 13-year old virgin. What would you think of a country that knowingly elected such a leader? The chant We’re #1 (in rape) will become an international joke. What Trump did is thousands of times worse than getting a blow job in the oval office. What kind of sicko looks the other way, without even a cursory investigation, before taking the rapist’s word.
- Trump has no respect for the constitution. Nearly all of his major promises are unconstitutional. We can expect nearly everything else he attempts will also spit on the constitution.
- Trump is the ultimate fat cat. His promised tax policy is to take money from the middle class and poor and give it to the rich and corporations. He warned you he subscribes to trickle down economics.
- Trump said he is going to slash all government services including schools, roads, sewers, bridges, air traffic control, search and rescue, police, fire, forest service, courts, medical care, environmental protection, food safety inspections… He wants to spend hugely more on nukes and military hardware so he can more effectively intimidate the other nations of earth. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Nukes are absolute power, and Trump has proven he always abuses any even minor power he attains.
- Trump has not the first idea about finances. He lost a almost a billion dollars in one year. His businesses went bankrupt four times. He has refused to reveal any records so we can evaluate just how good a businessman he is. He hired an army of lawyers and accounts to run his companies. He does not know the first thing about what they do. However, he imagines he is the world’s expert in absolutely everything. Think what a mess he will make of things.
- A corporation is a dictatorship. The CEO (Chief Executive Officer) announces what he wants, and everyone jumps or gets fired. A government is a system of checks and balances. The president has to get things done with persuasion. Trump can work when he is the dictator.